D2L Student Guide
How do I see my Progress?
The Class Progress tool helps you check your progress in a course through tracking course-specific assignments and feedback, and through measuring 9 progress indicators.
How to access your Class Progress
There are two ways that you can access the Progress Tool.
Method 1: Access Progress from the My HomeFrom the My Home page, select the triangle to the right of your name to open the Account menu, see Figure 1. Select the Progress link. A list of your courses will appear on the left of the screen. Select the one you want to see the progress in.
Method 2:Access Progress from within a CourseGo to the Course Home page of the course you want to see your progress. Select the triangle to the right of your name to open the Account menu, see Figure 1. Select the Progress link. A summary of your progress in that course will appear.
Class Progress overview
Keep in mind that instructors have the option of selecting the tools they use within your D2L course. Therefore, some of the indicators may contain little or no data. Ask your instructor if you want to know which indicators it is most important for you to follow in a particular course. For an individual course, here are what the indicators will tell you.
- Summary: This shows a summary of all 9 progress indicators.
- Grades: This shows a list of the graded items to date.
- Objectives: If you instructor has entered Learning Objectives, this will show the percent of Learning Objectives Passed. In addition, you will see those Not Started, In Progress, Passed and Needs Remediation.
- Content: This will show you how you are progressing through the modules and topics of a course.
- Discussions: This will show your progress in reading posts, creating Threads, and posting replies. If a Discussions is graded, select "Details" to view the grade and grading rubric (if used by your instructor)
- Assignments: See you grades on submitted Assignments. For those for which the grade has been released, select "Details" to view the grade, feedback, and the grading rubric (if used by your instructor).
- Quizzes: This area will let you view your grades and feedback on quizzes.
- Checklist: If your instructor creates and releases a Checklist, this area will give you information on the completion of Checklists and their items.
- Surveys: If there are surveys used in your course, you can view your survey completion progress in this area.
- Login History: This area will show your login history and indicate the "Absent period" between today's session and the last date you logged in.
Reasons to use the Class Progress tool
The Class Progress tool helps track your progress in a course by measuring the completion of 9 different progress indicators. Instructors can use the Class Progress tool to track your overall progress in the course and prepare progress reports.
You may want to use the Class Progress tool to keep track of your course-specific assignments and feedback.